This Task Force is helping to increase the amount of land held by private, institutional and public non-farming landowners available for beginners to farm.
Participants are reaching, informing, guiding and supporting them and providing workable tenure and transfer models. They are producing:
1. A handbook targeted to institutional and public audiences (land trusts; religious institutions; private educational institutions; state agencies and municipal conservation and agriculture commissions).
2. A user-friendly landlord-tenant handbook for private non-farming landowners.
3. Six workshops for private non-farming landowners.
4. Individual work with non-farming landowners to facilitate land use or transfer agreements.
5. Five case studies for the handbooks.
This Task Force is helping at least 30 beginning farmers to achieve secure tenure on land held by non-farmers during the project timeline. And, at least 360 non-farming landowners will be more prepared to lease or sell land to beginning farmers.
Lead members: Ben Bowell, Katie Cavanaugh; Bill Duesing; Rupert Friday; Mike Ghia; Michal Lumsden; Jiff Martin; and Ben Waterman.
Supporting member: Cris Coffin
Task Force Leader: Pete Westover (firstname.lastname@example.org).