This Task Force is expanding the use of innovative tenure models and agreements to enable more beginning farmers to access secure and affordable land and housing. It is:
1. Evaluating existing innovative models and proposing uses and modifications for New England.
2. Developing new innovations with a focus on farmer housing affordability, capital formation to facilitate farmland ownership, equity building by tenants and public policies.
3. Developing fact sheets and short case studies.
4. Providing individual mentoring to beginning farmers and landowners who want to develop similar arrangements.
5. Conducting Webinars for local and state conservation land trusts.
6. Producing a report on findings and recommendations.
As a result of this Task Force's work, land trusts, lenders, attorneys, and policymakers have more information and new tools to assist beginners with land access and tenure. Beginners have more information, support and options to purchase or lease land.
Lead members: Rick Chandler; Cris Coffin; Nancy Everhart; Andrew Marshall; Kenneth Miller; Jim Oldham; Julie Rubaud; and Donald Sienkiewicz.
Supporting members: Bob Wagner; Bill Duesing; Rupert Friday; Jennifer Hashley; and Jiff Martin.
Task Force Leader: Bob Wagner (firstname.lastname@example.org).