Farm Transfer Planning
Farm transfer is the process of passing a farm from one generation or owner to the next. It is a critical issue for thousands of New England farm families. At no point is a farm's future more at risk and in need of careful planning than during a farm transfer.
Our Farm Transfer Planning program helps farm families meet their farm transfer goals. We help farm owners develop farm transfer plans by providing support from start to finish. We offer two planning packages plus custom arrangements to meet each client’s needs.
Land For Good Offers:
- Farm transfer planning and facilitation for individuals, families and
- Technical assistance (such as leases, land use plans and maps)
- Farm transfer workshops, presentations and educational materials
- Professional training and service network development
- Policy advocacy
We work with clients to:
- Assess their unique situations
- Prepare custom action plans and timelines
- Bring together and coordinate planning teams
- Develop conceptual site plans and maps
- Draft legal documents
We also consult with clients on additional topics such as conservation development, easements, and leasing.
We strengthen service networks and build community awareness about this important issue. Land For Good provides management support to the Farm Transfer Network of New England, a source of information and professional service providers in the region.