Our Land Here! program helps seekers acquire a farm or farmland. We help beginning and other farmers plan, search for and evaluate agricultural properties. We help recruit farmers and get them onto suitable land with affordable and secure agreements.
Land For Good Offers:
- Readiness counseling: Assessing farm acquisition goals and assets
- Tenure education: Exploring the full range of land "holding" options
- Acquisition planning: Developing individual plans for acquiring a farm
- Coaching and support: Searching for and evaluating properties
- Agreements: connecting with landowners, supporting lease or transfer transactions
We work with clients on:
- "Farm Finance 101" – finances related to acquiring land and housing
- Purchasing and leasing pros and cons
- Easements, land trusts and linking programs
- Leases and other transfer agreements
- Assembling a team of advisors (legal, financial, land use, etc.)
Is Farm Leasing Right for You?
Online course: "Acquiring Your Land"
News and Updates:
Land Access Project read more »
Workshops read more »