About Land For Good
Land For Good (LFG) is a nonprofit tax-exempt organization specializing in farmland access, tenure and transfer. We offer education and assistance to farm seekers, farm families, landowners and communities in six New England states.
We started our nonprofit organization because we believe farming and land stewardship are vital to New England's future. Our vision is of a regional landscape of thriving farmers and vibrant working farms. We foster farming opportunities. We help farmers ensure meaningful legacies, and we help make more land available for farming.
LFG promotes innovation and partnerships to help keep New England's working lands working. We act as catalysts, collaborating with other service providers to strengthen service networks, build awareness, and foster supportive public policies.
- We offer support and consultation to individuals, families, organization and governments to help them acquire, transfer or plan for farms and farmland.
- We provide public education and professional trainings.
- We produce online and print educational materials, courses and tools.
Our goals are to:
- Help farm seekers make informed land access choices.
- Help owners and manager of working lands make land available for farming.
- Enable affordable and secure access to farmland and farmer homes.
- Support farm families to plan for successful farm transfers.
- Educate civic leaders and the public about working lands issues, innovative farmland tenure models, and land stewardship.
- Work with partners to develop, improve and promote new approaches and methods.
- Help communities plan for the long-term sustainability of their working lands.
LFG is based in Keene, New Hampshire with field staff serving Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.