Farmland is one of New England’s most treasured resources. By starting and expanding farms, leasing land for active farming, and promoting sustainable uses for agricultural land, we can secure a future for farming in New England.
Our Working Lands program helps maintain or revitalize agricultural properties. We work with private, organizational and government clients toward solutions that address their unique needs and goals.
Land For Good offers:
- Farm design
- Planning for conservation development (farms, homes and woods)
- Farmer recruitment
- Options for affordable farms and farm homes
- Farm-focused program development and site planning
We work with clients to:
- Design lease and management agreements
- Select and place farmers on a property
- Explore suitable agricultural uses for a property
We conduct public workshops and presentations, produce educational materials, conduct professional trainings and participate in research and policy development.
Our Working Lands program clients include private landowners, land trusts, municipal and state governments and educational and other private organizations.
Landowners Guide to Leasing Land For Farming
Leasing Land to Farmers: A Handbook for Land Trusts, Municipalities, & Institutions
Farmland Leasing for Private Landowners: A Short Guide